Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cancer

It has been a tough 2008. The last six months have been quite challenging. In July my good friend Michael passed away from colorectal cancer. He was 32 years old. My cousin Alyssa continues to fight her battle with a form of brain cancer. An aunt was also diagnosed with breast cancer during this same time period. Cancer just seems to be everywhere and it's a shame. More effort and money has to be allocated toward cancer treatment, research, and an eventual cure. At the same time the health care system continues to fail millions and now we are in a recession where many of us are uncertain about what the future holds, economically. I am fortunate to have an apartment I like, a job that pays the bills, good health insurance, great family and friends. My health could be better but it is good considering my age, and I look pretty good as well, so I really can't complain. I hope 2009 brings more stability to every one's life and more change in their pockets. This is a tough time all around, but we need to hang in there together and not give up. As long as you have a friend to talk to, life will be O.K.

No comments: