Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Spiritual Goals for 2012

This past year has been a tough one, but it is ending on a brighter note. I realized that I have not been much in touch with my spiritual side. I pretty much put it on hold. I've noticed the lack of spirit in my life overall. It wasn't a good place to be in and I hope I never again leave my spirit behind.

This coming 2012 I plan to be connected more frequently, if not everyday, to my spiritual side. I know it's always there, but sometimes I let other things get in the way of the awareness. In 2012 I will finally master meditation. It's something that I never really got the hang of but I need to really get it down. I'll try slowly and hope by the end of the year to be a full zen master (not really, but it's something to aspire to.) I also hope to seriously begin doing yoga. I've tried it several times but never stuck with it.

Life is too short for hangups and I am over hanging on to a few things that I thought I dealt with long ago. But 2011 has shown me that some things just keep coming back. It's time for a spiritual spring cleaning and I look forward to the many changes that lie ahead.

2 comments:

Denise Avery said...

Hi Philip: In your endeavor to get in touch with your spiritual side, might I suggest meditating upon the Word of God? He is the Creator of your soul and would love for you to invite Him into your life - if you have not already done so :) He will give you spiritual blessings that are incomprehensible - above and beyond what you can ask or think. I know...this past year has been the most difficult of my life...but God has seen me through and given me a spiritual journey that I pray I will never forget! May you be blessed by the Great Spirit; the Spirit of Truth and Life.

Phil Vélez said...

Thank you very much for your comment and I apologize for my delayed response.