Pages

Monday, July 07, 2003

The Body

The body is a temple and as I get older, I have more respect for my own. As a younger man, it was not something I payed much attention to. I feel and look great. I've been getting more into physical exercise and have noticed a little difference. I'm no gym bunny, but staying in shape is important. A good balance between mind, body and spirit is important. I went to the beach for the first time this summer and did not feel ashamed of my body, as I have in the past. I grew up a skinny kid, and have always admired muscle toned guys. Maybe one day I can aspire to that, but not because society says I should, but because I want to. It's important to accept your body, no matter what it looks like. We all can't look like Marky Mark. A good body makes me feel good and if I take better care of it, I'll be around for a much longer time. In the end it is just a shell, but it's the dressing to my soul, so I might as well keep it looking good.

No comments: