Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Making a Difference

I try to live my life making a difference when ever I can. I believe the more you give to the world, the more you get back. Giving can be as small a thing as helping a woman with her baby stroller down a flight of subway steps or alerting a man that he just dropped his wallet. Little things like that go a long way. Karma is real, and the more positive energy, acts and thoughts I can put into the world, the better my life will be in the long run. I don't do good deeds for recognition or to get something in return. I just feel it's the right thing to do. I don't always do the right thing, but I try as often as I possibly can. The most important thing for me is not purposely deceiving or hurting people. Of course I have hurt those I love, have loved or thought I have loved, but there has never been a malicious intent. Sometimes I just have to go with my instincts about what I think is best for me in the long run. I follow my gut feelings when ever I can these days. I can't save the world or everybody in it, but I try to make my little contributions here and there when I can.

No comments: