Pages

Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Professional Path

I like my present job. It's a worthy cause within a socially conscious not-for-profit minority health advocacy organization. Though I wonder what my future professional life will look like. I have several options, but need to decide in a course of action to obtain the right position. I continue to plan the course. I have one more year left of work on my masters in corporate communication. I hope the degree will provide me with more opportunities. I also consider going into business for myself, but I'm not quite sure exactly what type of business I should get into. What I have decided is that I will continue to keep my eyes open for communication related opportunities in the not-for-profit sector. I am sure the right job will eventually come my way. For now I am content where I am. It would be nice to find that one position in a worth-while organization where I can see myself retiring or making a long term contribution to an organization and/or its message. Who knows though. Sometimes we end up where we least expect. I'll keep you posted as I go along my professional path.

No comments: