Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

Death in the Family

2007 ended with the death of two family members on my mother's side. The toughest year we have had to date. My second cousin passed away on Dec. 4, 2007; he was 3 and 1/2 years old. My grandmother passed on Dec. 11, 2007; she was 76 years old. My family was strong. I still can't believe that my grandmother is no longer here with us. I knew she would pass on some day, but never really thought it would happen, and so fast. In with a stomach ache one day, and on life support three days later. Life is just crazy sometimes. I realized that my cousins, siblings, and friends, and I will watch each other pass. I learned that you never know when it will be the last time you see someone. Enjoy the moment. Live your life as the natural treasure that it is. And appreciate the people in your life.

No comments: