Pages

Monday, June 09, 2003

Finding True Love

Love. Elusive. Here, then gone. I have tried to find love, and have let love find me. However, I suppose I have not found true love, for it disappears faster then I would hope. I wonder if I will ever truly meet my soul mate. Have I found love and lost it? Or will a new found love show me the way? Love is confusing. Sometimes I feel it doesn't exist. Or maybe I have not experienced profound love in my life as of yet. Love for myself is primary for without it I have none to give. Maybe I've never been ready for it. Maybe I'm still not ready. But I have to be open to it. Open to the grand possibilities that come along with it. Maybe I'm destined to be alone, to be eternally single. If it never happens for me, would my life be empty? Or do I really have the power to make my life whatever I want it to be? Love. What a concept. I don't even know what it is. Maybe someday I will love another human being, unconditionally. No matter what may come, I will continue to find new ways to appreciate who I am and love myself more every day for self-love is truly the greatest gift you can give yourself.

No comments: